STATS LC series of mechanical Connectors are designed for the maintenance and modification of petroleum production and process facilities. This reliable and cost effective mechanical connection method is ideal where welded or hot-worked options may be undesirable. The slipover design and mechanical locking assembly can enable a flanged connection to be installed on a straight pipe stub without the need for hotwork or specialised tools and equipment.
The Connectors are configured with a dual seal assembly that enables the Connector integrity to be verified via the 300# seal verification ports at time of installation. Double block and bleed valves can be fitted to the seal verification ports to allow monitoring of integrity once installed. The seal configuration and material selection is designed to provide a reliable seal on the pipe surface following a relatively simple field preparation procedure.
The Connector assembly and components are designed in accordance with API 6H requirements, which are verified in accordance with ASME B31.3 and may be CE marked under the Pressure Equipment Directive (PED 97/23/EC). They are designed to fit standard pipe specification (ASME B36.10 & B36.19, API 5L, etc) and fire tested to API 6 FA.
• Timely completion of maintenance and modification activities, no hot work required.
• Significantly reduces costs by eliminating the need for welding equipment, personnel, habitat & NDT inspection.
• Mechanical Connection prevents contamination produced by welding ie. slag or oxide.
• Suitable for permanent or temporary tie-in, pipework re-routing, spool repair and pipe stub termination applications.
• Lightweight design reduces topside weight.
• Field support and full ancillary equipment provided, client training offered.
Additional onsite services include cold cutting and bolting to provide operators a full turnkey package.
• Sizes 2″ to 24″ as standard, sizes out with this range available on request.
• Pressure range: up to ASME 300# as standard, up to ASME 1500# available on request.
• Temperature range: -50°C to 180°C as standard.
• Dual graphite seal arrangement with verification port enables pre-commission leak test.
• LC Series compatible with a wide range of pipe materials including carbon steel and stainless steel as standard, duplex available on request.
|• Maintenance free mechanical pipe joint in accordance with API Specification 6H and certified fire safe to API 6FA (DNV approved). • External grip Diamondlock™ assembly applies even linear and circumferential grip load around the host pipe, eliminating localised material deformity and localised stress fractures. • Easily installed and commissioned without the need for hot work, installation requires only basic pipework preparation. • External grip, lock and seal assemblies eliminate possible flow restriction and turbulence. • Manufactured to suit specific pipe schedule to eliminate possible flow disturbance and turbulence. • Conventional design allows the unit to adopt or be included in the host system flanged joint inspection and maintenance programmes. Verification Port can be fitted with a DBB valve to comply with specific operator maintenance requirements. • Provides a mechanical pipe connection with equivalent or greater design criteria than the host pipework. • Robust construction and coating provide protection in a range of hostile operating environments. Coating can be supplied to client specification. • Fabricated design provides a comparatively lightweight unit which is more suitable for topside applications with no need for additional pipe support requirements. • Suitable for installation in horizontal, vertical and inclined piping.|